Perspective III Unit Plan
January 3, 2022 to January 30, 2022
For full context, see the description of my Art Home School Curriculum.
I know I need more practice with perspective, but for some reason I’ve been avoiding it. Luckily, I’ve become more interested in it over the past couple weeks. I think not having ellipse guides made it difficult to study in the past, but now that I’m getting more comfortable with drawing digitally and I can use photoshop to create perfect ellipses I’m ready to give perspective another try.
I really enjoyed my design project from the last unit, so I’m going to incorporate a design element into this unit — this time, architecture design.
- How to Draw (review)
- How to Render (drawing cast shadows in perspective)
- The Complete Guide to Perspective Drawing — This is the book that Art Center uses for its perspective class.
100 Treasure chest challenge from drawabox.com
- Long-form perspective plots from reference (architecture)
- Plan/elevation views of architectural elements
- Deconstruct (break down into simple forms in perspective) architectural elements and rotate in space.
- 20 minute architecture sketches from reference
- Combine architecture reference to come up with new designs
- Take a few of the best designs to a finish