Figure Drawing III Unit Plan
For full context, see the description of my Art Home School Curriculum.
- Watts Figure Drawing Fundamentals — Mass and Full Value sections. I finished the first half of the course in my Figure Drawing II unit.
- Watts Figure Drawing Phase II
- Steve Huston’s Figure Drawing for Artists.
I’ve been reading old Marvel comics from the 1960s lately, and I like Jack Kirby dynamic figures. I’ve been collecting screenshots of panels I like and I intend to do gesture drawings of those.
Copy 1 entire comic page per week on an 11 x 17 board.
- Copy instructor drawings and photos from videos.
- Gesture from comic figures (5 x 1 min., 4 x 2 min., 1 x 5 min.).
- Copy comic panels.
- After copying a comic panel, attempt it again from memory. Drawing from imagination was a goal for my previous unit, but I completely ignored/forgot about it, so I will be very cognizant of making sure I fit it in.